Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Inspiration.

Watching the Boston Marathon yesterday was incredibly inspiring. The wheelchair and elite athletes first, then the mere mortals, most of whom can run an entire marathon at a faster per-mile pace than I can run for just one mile! It gave me something to aspire to; not for next year, but maybe in two or three years. Maybe.

Spending time and sharing the spectating experience with friends was an incredible gift. From the one I first met nearly eleven years ago to those I have met in the last few months, they all add joy and purpose to my life, and support my motivation to chase dreams and achieve goals.

And how perfect is that -- to be surrounded by people who push me to be better, to transcend myself and my self-imposed limitations? Maybe they think I am smarter and more fit than I am, or maybe I don't think I'm as smart or as fit as I am -- or as I can be. Either way, they invite me to achieve more than I thought possible.

I am incredibly grateful to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment